The city of Friedberg
Our hotel is located in the center of the old watchmaking town Friedberg, directly on the Romantic Road. Friedberg is famous for it´s medieval charm. The center of the old town is the Marienplatz and Friedberg´s town hall.
During the 17th and 18th centuries, Friedberg evolved into a watchmaking town.
Every three years the old town relives the baroque and rococo days of that golden past through a major historical festival called “Friedberger Zeit”.
Other places of interest: The city wall, St. Jakob church in the neo-roman style, the church “Lords Rest” – a Bavarian rococo jewel and pilgrimage church, the Wittelsbach castle – residence of the Wittelsbacher and museum.
The city of Augsburg
In close vicinity to Friedberg is Augsburg, the third biggest city in Bavaria, also known as “Fuggerstadt”. One of Augsburg´s most famous place is the Renaissance city hall built by Elias Holl. Augsburg was founded by the Romans and offers a lot of historical points of interest as well as modern cultural lifestyle:
A beautiful old town with the famous Maximilianstraße, the Fuggerei – the oldest social settlement in the world, the Augsburg puppet theatre, the Christmas market, the Mariendom, Botanical gardens and many more.
- Approx. 2 km away is the Lake Friedberg, where you can swim and do some waterskiing
- Approx. 6 km to Augsburg downtown, which is always worth visiting (Augsburger puppet theatre, the Fuggerei, Christmas market…)
- Approx. 40 km to munich, easy to reach by car (highway A8) or by train.
- Approx. 50 km to Legoland Deutschland
- Approx. 50 km to Ammersee
- Approx. 110 km to Castle Neuschwanstein